18 Nov. 2019
From SAAO TOPS Wiki
LJMU ready to start pushing on this project.
Review of decisions:
- retain both red and blue optimized modes
- defined final filter size (for system of three sliders)
-- need to look at which direction to be sliding: parallel or perpendicular to grism slide
- mounting will be on axis
- mounting plate will be a thick piece of Al, machined at SAAO (once James has final Zemax, he can provide reference plane for attachment)
- would still like to meet schedule of commissioning mid 2020
- ALL: regular meetings, fortnightly on Friday at 10 UT/12 SAST, starting 29 Nov.
- James: send link to filter mechanism controllers to Stuart and Alli
- James: talk with Hitesh (electronics) about best ways to control filter mechanism
- Iain/LJMU: update CAD and send most recent versions of CAD and Zemax to SAAO
- Amanda: distribute decision on CCD type and coating
- Chris/Carel: to connect re: software as needed